Portobello Mushroom Burger
Category : FOOD
- 4 portobello mushroom caps, cleaned
- 55ml olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 55ml mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp prepared pesto (check if vegetarian)
- 2 tsps coarse-grained mustard
- 4 hamburger buns, split, buttered, and toasted
- 225g baby rocket
- 1 (340g) jar roasted red peppers, drained
HOW TO :
1) Preheat a griddle to medium-high. Brush the mushroom caps with olive oil; sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Cook the mushrooms, smooth side down, covered with the griddle lid, for 6 to 8 minutes, or until tender.
2) In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, pesto, mustard, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Spread the mixture evenly over both cut sides of the buns. Divide the rocket leaves evenly over the bottom bun halves. Top each evenly with peppers. Place the mushrooms caps over the peppers. Cover with the tops of the buns.