Rice Pudding in Tangerine Cups
Category : FOOD
2oz Yutaka Sushi rice
1/4pt boiling water
2 eggs (beaten)
½ tsp vanilla essence
1 pt milk
½ tsp Yutaka Yuzu
¼ tsp cinnamon
For decoration: gold edible stars, star anise
1. Set the oven temperature to 350F, Gas 4, 180C.
2. Put rice and water on to boil until the water is absorbed. Add milk and simmer until rice is tender, stirring occasionally (it should take about 25 mins).
3. Beat other ingredients together, omitting cinnamon and yuzu, and add to the rice mixture. Divide in half and add cinnamon to one half, mix well and yuzu to the other.
4. Grease two small baking dishes and pour the cinnamon mixture into one and the yuzu into the other.
5. Bake for 20-25 mins until set.
6. Cut tangerines in half crossways and scope out flesh very gently so as not to tear the skin.
7. With a teaspoon carefully fill oranges with the rice pudding. Decorate and enjoy.