Toasted Israeli Couscous with Vegetables
Category : FOOD
- 225g Israeli couscous
- 12 spears asparagus, grilled and cut into 1/2-cm pieces
- 1 courgette, halved, grilled and cut into 2 1/2-cm pieces
- 1 yellow squash, halved, grilled and cut into 2 1/2-cm pieces
- 2 large red peppers, grilled, peeled and diced into bite-size pieces
- 40g kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Lemon-balsamic vinaigrette
- For the lemon-balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 3 tbsp aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 190ml extra-virgin olive oil
1) Heat large saute pan on grates of the barbecue over medium heat. Add couscous and toast until lightly golden brown. Grill vegetables.
2) Bring 1.5 litres of water to the boil over high heat, add 1 tablespoon salt and toasted couscous and cook until al dente. Drain well and place in a large bowl.
3) Add grilled vegetables, olives, basil, and vinaigrette and toss until combined; season with salt and pepper. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving or cover and refrigerate.