- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup soy yogurt
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons refined coconut oil, melted
- One 1-pound day-old Italian-style loaf ends discarded and loaf cut into 3/4-inch-thick slices
- Warm pure maple syrup, for serving
How to :
Set a baking sheet on an oven rack and preheat to 95°C.
Blend the almond milk, soy yogurt, cornstarch, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla in a blender until combined. Transfer to a casserole dish or glass pie plate.
Heat a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil, swirling the frying pan to coat the surface. Place 3 slices of bread in the milk-yoghurt mixture, let soak for about 1 minute per side, then carefully lay the slices in the frying pan. Cook, undisturbed, until browned and crisp, 2 to 4 minutes per side (adjust the heat as needed). Serve immediately or transfer to the rack in the oven to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining oil, bread and milk-soy mixture. Serve with maple syrup.