- 310g Whole Wheat Flour
- 410g White Flour
- 140g Rolled Oats
- 1 teaspoon Table Salt
- 2 ½ teaspoons Baking Soda
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 270g Milk
- 70g Black Treacle (or molasses)
- 140ml Guinness
How to Prepare
Preheat oven to 180c
1.Mix together the whole wheat flour, white flour, oats, salt and baking soda in a large bowl.
2. Use a pastry cutter to cut the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles small crumbs.
3. Add the milk, black treacle (or molasses) and Guinness, and mix until well combined.
4. Use cooking spray to coat 2 bread loaf pans, and pour the batter into the pans.
5. Sprinkle a little more oatmeal on top.
6. Bake at 180c for 45 minutes to an hour, until the centre is cooked through and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.