- 1 (450g) tin diced tomatoes with their juice
- 2 courgettes, cut into 2.5cm rounds
- 2 summer squash, cut into 2.5cm rounds
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 large aubergine, cut into 2.5cm rounds
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into 2.5cm wedges
- 1 potato, peeled and cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 65ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 to 6 slices toasted sourdough bread, optional for the main dish
1) Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 5.
2) Pour the tinned tomatoes into a 1L baking dish and spread to cover the bottom. In a large bowl combine the remaining ingredients (excluding the bread). Toss to coat well with the oil, garlic and herbs.
3) Pour the vegetables over the canned tomatoes in an even layer. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
4) Remove the foil and bake for a further 30 to 40 minutes, until the edges of the vegetables are golden.
5) Serve alone as a side dish, or over toasted sourdough bread as a main dish, for a simple, tasty lunch or supper.