The Ingredients that we will use:
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp coriander seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds, plus extra to garnish
½ tsp ground turmeric
½ tsp mustard seeds
1 large onion, cut into 8 chunks
2 garlic cloves
675g parsnips, diced
2 plum tomatoes, quartered
1.2l vegetable stock
1 tbsp lemon juice
How to Prepare :
1. Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7.
2. In a bowl, mix together 2 tbsp olive oil and 1 tsp coriander seeds, 1 tsp cumin seeds, ½ tsp ground turmeric, and ½ tsp mustard seeds.
3. Add 1 large onion, cut into 8 chunks, 2 garlic cloves, 675g parsnips, diced, and 2 quartered plum tomatoes and mix well.
4. Spread over a heavy baking sheet, then roast for 30 mins until tender.
5. Spoon into a food processor or liquidiser with 600ml vegetable stock and process until smooth.
6. Pour into a pan with the remaining 600ml vegetable stock, season, then heat until barely simmering.
7. Remove from the heat and stir in 1 tbsp lemon juice. Garnish with cumin seeds.