Spinach and Paneer Curry
Category : FOOD
What Ingredients to use
- Garlic paste
- Korma curry paste
- Nigella seed blend
The Shopping List:
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 5 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 pack paneer cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1 big bag of spinach (250g)
- 5-6 tablespoons double cream
- What are the Optional Ingredients
- Natural yogurt
- Chapatti bread to serve
From your cupboard:
- Sunflower or olive oil
How to Prepare
- Heat enough oil to cover the base of a large frying pan. Once the oil is hot add the paneer and fry at high heat until all the cheese has been coloured on all sides, (roughly 5 minutes). Remove from the pan and set aside on a plate until needed.
2. In a deep pan add a little oil to cover the base and fry the onion for 2 minutes. Then add the Garlic Paste to the onions and stir quickly. Add the tomatoes and cream and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and then add the Korma Curry Paste. Stir the paste into the mixture and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Add the spinach leaves to the mixture and stir until the leaves have fully wilted into the curry. Then add the cooked paneer and half the Nigella Seed Blend and allow to simmer for another 3 minutes.
4. When you’re ready, serve the curry in bowls sprinkling the rest of the Nigella Seed Blend on top with the optional yoghurt and chapatti bread on the side.
Dunking the chapatti into this curry is a real treat!